July 10, 2003

Super heroes & the like

Fantasy, roleplaying, super hero comics and movies... escape from life? Not for me.

I LOVE LIFE! In fact I love it soo much that the fact that I am apparently only ever going to live one of them makes me angry. I would like to experience it from all sorts of different angles but I came into this world with these parents (nothing against my parents), with my background, with my personality, influences and surroundings. I will never know what it is like to grow up in a different town or country or family. I will never know what person I would be had I grown up being extremely poor or filthy rich. I will never know what it is like to be out of control (I don't think anyway). For you RPG players out there I see myself being somewhere between NG and LG, and I will probably never know what it is like to be anything other than that.

The reason why I want to be an actress is that when I try to understand another character so well that I can act like them it makes me feel like I am cheating life. Like I am getting more than I paid for. In those moments I am experiencing life from a different angle. It doesn't matter what the story is about as long as it is different from mine.

Is fantasy a way for me to escape from life? No. It is just another perspective or reality of life that I will never experience as such. In that way super hero movies are just like any real life drama. They just have a little twist.

--> The bike

0 comments:

Post a Comment